Monday, February 2, 2009

1/27/09
Last Wednesday, God told me to tell my friend Michael that He loved him and has as plan for him and not to give up. Both Thursday and Friday I dragged my heels as best I as I could when at the very last minute before being swept away into the mass of class changing I spitted out the words I was supposed to say. Of course, I masked them with comments like “I know this is weird but…” and did not have any heart behind what I was saying. Afterwards I felt nothing. I thought I should feel gratitude that God was able to use my obedience, or that I should feel remorse that I did not say it as well as I should have. Nothing. I realized that I had just been a part in a rare occurrence. God needed what He told me to say so much that despite He overrode my fear to say it anyway. He intended on using it as an opportunity to bless me, but since I was unwilling I don’t get the reward. This reminds me of Jonah when after finally coming to terms with his mission delivered the most pitiful sermon to date with hopes the his audience would ignore him yet an entire city repented because of what was said. God will not loose. He doesn’t NEED me, He WANTS me. He can do just fine without me but He wants to see me grow and to see me blessed by accomplishing something.

1 comment: