Monday, February 2, 2009

12/1/08
It is entirely not my fault that I was created. It is certainly not my own doing I possess "wisdom beyond my years" or that it comes naturally to spiritually council those twice, three times my age. Whatsoever the purpose of my Creator is to blame. This burden has been placed on me to be shared. It is not at all fair that truths of heaven are so easily grasped by me yet take a lifetime for my neighbor. Therefore, I not having earned these things myself must bestow them on another.

I live, first because I have no reasonable alternative. It seems to be the pursuit of man instilled in us by God to pursue happiness. This pursuit then becomes our motive for movement. The chase is given to us to reach ultimate happiness in the Father. That is all He can do with the allowance of freewill, simply giving us an unquenchable thirst for completion and the choice to obtain it.

If we are honest, we love God because we love ourselves. If we didn't have the fear of not being happy, would we care at all about what was going on in the universe? I love God because.... A surprisingly hard statement to finish. Is it really because He died for me? I've never loved a human for that reason. Is it because He offers me a get out of Hell free pass? That's kind of Him, but should I waste my life on Earth thanking the one who ensures I'm good when this life is over? I love God because He is the only path that ends in me being happy. When the sky is falling to the ground and people are being sent to the lake of fire at the end of the world, I will still end up happy. I love God because He gave me a fight inside of me that despite any action of mine cannot be quenched, and then He gave me a cause to fight for. I am on this daily pursuit of God because only He knows me. Only He knows what’s inside of me. I am searching for me so I can know where in His plan I fit. I am hunting this plan because I know that I will only be able to silence the Voice screaming in my head by listening to it. I wish to silence this Voice so I can be happy.
I have found in my quest that whenever I am assigned a task, what God wants from it is not it's completion, but the things completed in the journey. For instance, last January I felt strongly that I was to start a prayer group for the Uth Force in which we as students would join weekly in combat against the forces keeping us from being where we needed to be. I vowed that if no one else came, I would still get on my face before God, alone. It was only after months of me praying for an hour or more alone every week that I realized that the group I had in mind was not what God planned at all. I do not believe I heard Him wrong though, I simply believe that God knew that the only way I would volunteer to set apart that time for Him would be the promise of other contenders in the battle. I have been going to the church every Tuesday night for almost a year and have yet to be joined by another member of the Uth Force, and that is ok with me. I had no idea how much I needed that alone time with God, or how much He needed that alone time with me. I say all that to show that my goals, which align to the best of my knowledge and ability to the will of God, are only hypothetical destinations of which a journey through other places is required. I pursue the life that God wants for me on Earth because that is the only map I have to getting where He wants me in heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment