Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thoughts on a Rough Day

It never ceases to amaze me that God takes my requests seriously. I prayed last week that I could know the pain that the people God has put on my heart, for future reference, that's the prayer God will always take you up on. Paul said once that anyone who wants to follow God will be persecuted. I utterly despise this verse. This means that I can do everything right and still wake up and not know anything. I can spend my life giving advice, and wake up and not know what to tell myself. I know nothing today. I don't know what tomorrow will hold or even later tonight but I'm ok. Here is what I learned today: I would rather spend a thousand years in the confusion and pain of following God's will then a day in the confusion and pain of never knowing God's will. I cannot imagine my life without the illogical peace I have from simply knowing that I don't have to deal with my problems because I have a God who died so He could relieve me. I've learned the difference between happiness the mood and happiness the lifestyle. Needless to say I have a lot I can now share with some people I come in contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment